Vietnam Airlines to Temporarily Suspend Services Between Vietnam and Korea to Prevent the Spread of COVID-19
Hanoi, 2 March 2020 - Following recent developments concerning COVID-19 in South Korea, Vietnam Airlines is announcing that all flights between Vietnam and Korea will be temporarily suspended starting from the 5th of March 2020.
The carrier's flights on the 3rd and 4th of March from Seoul (Incheon Airport), Busan (Gimhae Airport) to Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City will be rerouted to land at Van Don (Quang Ninh), Can Tho, and Phu Cat (Quy Nhon) airports, at the request of authorities. Specifically:
- 3rd of March:
· Flight VN405 Incheon - Ho Chi Minh City is scheduled to take off at 17:55 and land at 21:00 at Van Don airport.
· Flight VN423 Busan - Ho Chi Minh City is scheduled to take off at 12:45 and land at 16:35 at Can Tho airport.
- 4th of March:
· Flight VN417 Incheon - Hanoi is scheduled to take off at 10:35 and land at 13:35 at Van Don airport.
· Flight VN409 Incheon - Ho Chi Minh City is scheduled to take off at 10:15 and land at 13:35 at Phu Cat airport.
· Flight VN423 Busan - Ho Chi Minh City is scheduled to take off at 10:00 and land at 13:05 at Phu Cat airport.
To ensure everyone's safety, the entire crew on these flights will be equipped with medical protective gear. The airline also disinfects all aircraft returning from South Korea.
The airline will inform customers of the resumption of the South Korea routes as soon as the situation permits.
For more information or support, please visit Vietnam Airlines’ website at www.vietnamairlines.com; Vietnam Airlines’ Facebook page at www.facebook.com/VietnamAirlines; contact Vietnam Airlines’ ticket offices in South Korea(*) or contact the customer service hotline 1900 1100 (if calling from Vietnam) and +84 24 38320 320 (if calling from overseas).
News Source https://newsroom.aviator.aero/