WestJet announces 90 new and expanded travel opportunities from Calgary this summer
Today, WestJet announced its summer schedule featuring more than 90 new flights from Calgary including new non-stop WestJet Link service to Dawson Creek, B.C.
"WestJet is focused on investing in Alberta to build and strengthen our Calgary hub," said Arved von zur Muehlen, WestJet Chief Commercial Officer. "As WestJet continues on its strategic path of becoming a global network airline, we are pleased to offer our guests the ability to conveniently connect for business or pleasure across Canada, Europe and beyond this summer."
With today's announcement of the new service between Calgary and Dawson Creek, B.C., WestJet Link will operate five routes including between Calgary and Cranbrook, Lethbridge, Lloydminster and Medicine Hat and one between Cranbrook and Vancouver this summer. WestJet Link operations between Calgary and Prince George, B.C., will shift to year-round service on WestJet Encore's 78-seat Q400 aircraft effective April 26.
In addition, beginning May 14, 2020 WestJet will begin new service between Calgary and Boston. WestJet is offering guests convenient flight times between its extensive hub out of Calgary and the capital of Massachusetts.
WestJet also recently announced new four-times weekly service between Calgary and Charlottetown starting June 25, 2020.
The schedule also highlights frequency increases from Calgary to popular destinations including Portland, Ore., Victoria, Nanaimo, Comox, Grand Prairie, Fort McMurray, Brandon, Winnipeg, Abbotsford and Yellowknife.
"WestJet continues to invest in YYC Calgary International Airport as its home base and expansion focus. It is Calgary's largest carrier and we are committed to facilitating their growth. These additional flights will serve more guests bound for more destinations, delivering recreational and business opportunities for our region," said Bob Sartor, President and CEO, The Calgary Airport Authority.
Highlights of WestJet's 2020 summer schedule include:
- Calgary-Dawson Creek, B.C., new daily WestJet Link service begins April 26, 2020
- Calgary-Winnipeg, an increase of seven weekly flights
- Calgary-Victoria, an increase of seven weekly flights
- Calgary-Nanaimo, an increase of seven weekly flights
- Calgary-Grand Prairie, an increase of seven weekly flights
- Calgary-Abbotsford, an increase of five weekly flights
- Calgary-Fort McMurray, an increase of five weekly flights
- Calgary-Comox, an increase of four weekly flights
- Calgary-Brandon, from seven times weekly to 11 times weekly
- Calgary-Yellowknife, from twelve times weekly to 14 times weekly
- Calgary-Charlottetown, new four-times weekly seasonal service begins June 25, 2020
- Calgary-Portland, from once daily to twice daily for a total of 14 weekly flights
- Calgary-Boston, new daily seasonal service begins May 14, 2020
- Calgary-Paris, from four-times weekly to six-times weekly
- Calgary-Rome, new three-times weekly service begins May 2, 2020
- Calgary-Cabo San Lucas, from twice-weekly to three-times weekly
The airline has added more than 300 Dreamliner departures out of Calgary in 2020, an increase of more than 52 per cent over 2019, to key transatlantic Dreamliner routes. The flights are uniquely and conveniently timed in the interest of Albertans and western Canadians with late-day departures and daytime arrivals to suit guests travelling to Europe.
Dawson Creek is WestJet's 72nd destination out of Calgary, WestJet's home and largest hub. By June 2020, the airline will operate more than 1000 flights per week in peak season out of Calgary International Airport. More Calgarians choose WestJet for their air travel than any other airline.
News Source https://newsroom.aviator.aero/